Friday, December 29, 2006

My Goal

My experience of 37 years fighting the disease of obesity has placed me where I am at today. I have learned how to love myself, now I am able to share that love and experience with others.
After being featured on Discovery Health Channel's program Obese at 16 "A Life in The Balance", I received 100's of emails, letters and phone calls. There were many I could help just by providing advice or a kind word. Some I have been able to help get surgery, while others I haven't been able to help. I promise I haven't forgotten you. I know the need is there for someone to take a stand to help.
My goal is to one day have a charity that provides loving support, education, understanding, and financial assistance for the treatment of morbid obesity. My future desire is to open a Summer Camp for children and adolescents who suffer from the disease of obesity. I want our children to enjoy their childhood, and never suffer the way so many of us have.
To move forward with my dreams, I have many ideas on how to make the money; I need to make these dreams a reality. I am writing a book of short stories about people who have lived with and suffered from obesity, as well as patients who have had obesity surgery and want to share their stories of transformation. You and I both know the challenges I will have to overcome to make my dreams a reality, do too the prejudices and discrimination we face every day.
People who haven't lived with obesity will not understand my fight. I will work for my dreams until the end and even then, I know my children or one of the many patients I have worked with will continue my mission...

Angie Flores

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gracias a Dios por intiresny